View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I don't wish to appear rude, but I'm going to assume you did not just arrive, buy a house and move in. Did you visit to see what TV was like before deciding to live here, if so when your decision was made to move a 90 year old lady I think you should have set her up with a doctor along with all of her medical records just in case you had a problem. To just haul her off to a hospital and have her sit for hours was definitely too much for her.

You will read horror stories here on this site about our medical care and our hospitals, but we have NEVER had a problem with either a doctor or the local hospital. If this hospital cannot help you they will have you sent to the best major hospital in the area.

For future needs, keep in mind that we have four or five excellent critical care clinics within the immediate area. She would not have to wait 7 hrs at a clinic, and if she needed immediate hospital attention they would call an ambulance and have her admitted to one of the local hospitals.

I don't think you have made a mistake in moving here, it is an incredible place to live.
Where exactly are the "critical care clinics"? or are you referring to urgent care centers. Big difference between "critical care" and "urgent care". Just wondering if I'm missing something here.