View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Remember talking about it with Palm Harbor's East Lake Community Library staff--including Director Manny Leite-- that afternoon. I volunteered there for three years or so from 2000 through 2003. Cannot really recall what I was doing at the exact time the first plane hit. Probably something or other on the computer. My parents would have had the TV on in the other room. 9/11: Timeline of Events — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

I was deep into my campaign to improve materials in all types of libraries for victims/survivors of crimes at this time so Mr. Leite seemed to want to hear what I had to say. He eventually made a bookmark to a site I had been trying to bring to the attention to all kinds of librarians in every area of FL. This is that site-- Victim Services Directory Not sure when East Lake CL got that bookmark. It could have been long before September 11, 2001. The public librarians in the Tampa Bay area certainly knew about my crusade as I sent out hundreds of e-mails and the like pushing for this common sense approach to making people aware of victim services in their communities.

Something that I could still use the help of TOTVers with getting the message out that this site --the Florida Victim Services Directory-- should be linked from FL public, law, academic, and medical libraries websites as well as from all Florida Sheriff's Offices.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-22-2013 at 10:09 AM.