View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie416 View Post
We were also at that show. One of the male singer's microphones was definitely malfunctioning. It was annoying and did take away from the show. I do not understand why it was not corrected until the second act. I enjoyed the second act much more than the first. I am not sure how much of that had to to with the microphone though, since I knew many more songs in the second half.

One thing bothered me, but I know I can be sensitive about this. I saw the Broadway show and do not recall if this was part of the Broadway show. If it was not, I would strongly suggest this group remove it. A very good female singer was singing Dance with Me. She approached each of the male singers asking each to dance with her. They pretty much ran away from her. She was rather overweight. I am guessing this is why the male singers did not want to dance with her. It definitely detracted from the show. Later, she does interact much as the thinner women do. I am curious as to whether this was part of the original Broadway production because I felt it was very distasteful. I am not usually offended by Broadway shows. I saw Book of Mormon and loved it, but they offended everyone equally and it was definitely part of the show. This did not appear to be part of the show, but rather just thrown in. I am going to guess that I was not the only one bothered by it.
I also saw this show on Broadway and at two other theaters (obviously loved it). I do not recall that particular scene at all in any of the performances.