View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Poor medical care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I, too, have been a bit worried about the possibility of getting quality emergency care. Thankfully, neither myself or my husband have needed it thus far. I have no experience with TV hospital or urgent care centers, so my thoughts and opinions are solely based on what I have read and heard. I have told my husband that if I need to be hospitalized please get me to Ocala. What I wonder is if I go to TV hospital by ambulance, and want to be transported to Ocala hospital, will an ambulance transport me if my condition warrants?? I do worry about needing immediate, quality medical care. And I had no idea the medical care was so poor before I moved here. Not something I even thought about checking out. I figured since there were 90,000+ people the medical care had to be pretty good. Apparently not.....
If you have not yet needed to avail yourself of the medical care here in TV how do you come to make the statement "I had no idea the medical was so poor before I moved here".

The medical care available to you here is good to excellent. You have a hospital right here in TV. You have a hospital in Leesburg. You have Florida Watermans. You have two hospitals in Ocala. You then move into the very high end hospitals, namely - Orlando General, Tampa General, Moffatt, Gainesville and Mayo in Jacksonville. The farthest one is a three hour ride from here and how bad is that?

This thread has vilified TV hospital, but there are hundreds of residents who have had excellent treatment from our local hospital.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak