View Single Post

Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
We recently had a pool solar cover roller installed and after about a month, one of the ends came off. The ends of the roller were not secured to the roll itself. We had T&D come and fix the problem by securing the two ends.

The other problem we have are the wheels on the bottom of the unit that are supposed keep the unit stationary when they are locked. However, when rolling up or unrolling the solar cover the roller does not stay in place and drags over the concrete anyway. We were asked by the person doing the repair if we wanted to secure the roller to the deck. Being concerned with drilling holes in the concrete, and with not being able to later move the roller to a different position, we said no. Now I wonder if we made a mistake in saying no!

My questions are:

1. Did we make a mistake and should have had the roller anchored to the deck so we wouldn't have the sliding problem?
2. What would you have decided?
3. Should we be concerned about holes drilled in the deck and their patching if later we need to move the position of the roller?
I have a pool and need solor heating and, I am told, a solor pool cover. Really interested in everyone's thoughts. I know nothing about the subject.