Thread: VA Lender?
View Single Post

Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

check with other than what your sales rep recommends. They are first and foremost dedicated to get you to use TV owned bank. Their second priority is to discourage one from using any other lenders than TV owned bank.
I would have used TV bank except they were a full point higher on interest, And when asked what would TV have to do to earn our banking business I simply stated.."match the interest rate from out of state"....they said there was no way they could match the rate....enough said for me.

When we were getting ready to commit, we asked about using our bank from back home and they saidit was possible but was a problem as "other" banks were not as familiar with how TV likes to have things done. So we proceeded with our bank from home who in concert with TV closing legal arm worked flawlessly. The closing representative even commented that ours was among the few that ever go through the first time with all the paperwork done correctly.

Don't let the reps confuse you. You can use just about any lender that can provide the money and fill out the paperwork....I cannot comment about the sepcifics of a VA loan. However I would approach it from the VA side and not from a rep of TV.

Good luck.

btk