View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Jets will trade him for lack of NFL talent, not because of his beliefs. The reality is that if Tebow had showed the potential of his college days, his beliefs would be irrelevant and where he chose to give witness would be immaterial. Since he hasn't lived up to the hype, he will be traded.

I can't say I think much of his choice to talk at this church, but it is his choice and his business and I will defend his right to talk where he wants and to whom he wants so long as it harms no one else. I don't have to agree with him to admire his willingness to share his beliefs and not back down regardless of any controversy or ridicule.
That's true that Tebow's religious beliefs are irrelevant to his playing ball. There are ardent believers in all faiths in the NFL-- Christian, Mormon, Muslim, Scientologist, Jewish, probably even a few Wiccans. If they get the yardage, whom they pray to in the endzone hardly matters. I suppose if they sacrificied a goat beforehand though AND it became common knowledge, that would be going way too far. There are limits to religious freedom.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-21-2013 at 08:26 AM.