View Single Post

Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
The new-build contract that I have with Massey states that for 5 years they will inspect, and if necessary treat and/or repair damage at no additional cost. However....there IS an annual contract renewal fee starting on the 2nd year and continuing through the 5th year. If you don't pay the renewal fee, all of your inspections and protections stop after the first year, or whatever year you stop paying the annual fee.

Trust me Jimbo, unless you got some special contract...you will be getting a renewal bill from Massey a year after your closing. Everyone I know has had to pay a renewal fee, and most of us, including myself, didn't really understand that until that first year rolled around.
We got such a bill from Massey at the end of our first year. No one involved in the purchase process had ever told us verbally that there was termite protection that would need to be extended, so this bill was a surprise to us, we had no idea where it was coming from, and we ignored it, wondering if it was legit or not. Apparently it was legit. Would be nice if someone would TELL you about it i the purchase process, as opposed to handing you 3517 documents to sign and it's in there somewhere.

Now I will look for some termite protection Hopefully Stellar will have something.