View Single Post

Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grampi II View Post
Gomoho: Ask your insurance agent. There are several threads on here that also provide info. I will share my personal experience, for what ever it is worth. I bought a home in June of 2011 and live here part time and the rest of the time up north (Ohio) I bought a cart in June of 2012 , my insurance man in Ohio could not insure my cart. My insurance man for my home in the Villages told me it is not covered by my homeowners insurance. I checked with a lot of fellow Villagers and confirmed that most buy separate coverage for their carts. I insured the golf cart , went with comparable coverage to what other in TV do and it cost me about $120 per year.

My insurance agent told me my cart is not insured if I allow renters to use it. There are a bunch of old threads on here that tell you the same thing. The insurance companies have gotten more risk adverse as the Villages has grown. There are some folks that can allow renters to use their carts because their coverage was in place prior to the changes and they are grandfathered in. Or they do not know the risk or are willing to assume it.

I talked to my lawyer about having renters sign a waiver, he advised me wont hold up in court.

I store my cart when I rent my home, I worked hard my whole life to get to this point and do not want to lose it over a golf cart accident. I am by no means an expert but this is my experience and is based on what the experts have told me .

I hope this helps.
I agree that is the info I have received also ..
I purchased a villa for rental and after searching for Cart insurance found that there are no companies (that I found) that will insure a rental property cart.
I think most folks who are including the cart are unaware of this fact .

I too have worked too hard to have my house taken by an accident that could be caused or not caused by my renter ---

I know I have lost several renters due to the non inclusion of the cart --but I think the choice is clear. I give then the names of several cart renters and reduce my rent a bit.

After some research I think the rental companies also have no insurance --but that needs further review.

Good Luck