View Single Post

Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

In the Daily Sun one day last week there was a picture of the most adorable white dog availabe for adoption. He/she looked like a cross betwee a bichon and a maltese. The dog had all his shots and was microchipped. I can't remember the name of the humane soceity offering the dog or the day it appeared but maybe someone here will remember it. I had a strong reaction to the dog as he resembled my Duffy (avatar above); unfortunately my husband isn't ready for a new doggie. Keep us posted on your exciting journey to add a new member to your family.

Please be aware of breeders. In my ignorance I purchased my Duffy from a breeder who had an award winning dog at Westminster. He was bred for beauty and not for health or vitality and had a serious liver problem as well as teeth issues which plagued him his whole life and eventually caused his death. I was ignorant at the time of purchase and paid many thousands of dollars over the years to keep him alive. On the outside he looked perfect but he had to take two drugs daily his whole life.
I have no doubt that we were meant to be together so I'm grateful for the time we had together but I wanted to pass on this cautionary tale.

Last edited by duffysmom; 03-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.