View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome to this forum and as you visit.

I am just doing a little check. Take your right hand and place it on your forehead. If it feels warm, then you will soon be one of us. You would have to be stone cold dead not to love it here in Lower Paradise..

This place is irresistable.

But NOT completely perfect....but close.

Remember on new homes there is a bond that is a separate charge from the price of a home. It is for infrastructure, the roads and pipes and electiricity etc. That charge is about 23K for a home of about 2000 sq. ft.

You cannot use a VA or FHA loan to buy a new home here but you can use it on a resale.

The IRS has had an investigation going for five years on whether the bonds that fund the municipality called a CDD (Community Development District) are taxable. A CDD form of government is very much like ...to me anyway...a benign dictatorship. The IRS bond investigation is not the bond for the infrastructure. As far as I know only two people understand the IRS inquiry.

There are mostly people who are over the age of 55 living here. Some are a little over and some are way over.

It still surprises me and I am way over.

You will love it here on this forum where you can see that we are a little bit serious and a little bit nutsy.

This is far more fun than I could every imagined the fourth quarter of the game of life to be.

Kindest wishes,
Graciegirl. 73.

I don't work for The Villages and I don't know the Morses. But I do think I have a little chip embedded in my neck.
to TOTV.

What Gracie said and no one knows how the bond issue is going to turn out if ever, as the appeals process could take errrrr like forever.

TV will blow you away. Bring your checkbook.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).