View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 PM

I like the idea of having one level I exec. course north and south for the less expierenced golfers. It would be less intimadating for some, and would pair up like kinds together. Everyone has to start somewhere. It wouldn't be a bad idea to post in large print the days and times at the starter shack of the "good golf" classes.. Some people are unaware of the the basic golf classes available for them.

Played Turtle Mound a couple of months ago as a walk-on fouth. One fellow said this was only his second time ever playing. He teed off with a 3 iron on a 108 yd hole. Three shots (plus 3 whiffs later) he was chipping on with a wedge. I watched in disbelief as he then putted with his wedge. His cousin was part of the foursome, and asked him why he wasn't using his putter on the green. Get this answer: "I am using a putter, it's got a "P" on the
club" ???????? A youtube moment for sure.

When I first took up golf a long long tiime ago, I went to the driving range, chipping and putting green for a month before even thinking of playing a "real course".