View Single Post

Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
It doesn't quite work that way..the insurance companies won't pay for that, plus TVRH needs the beds too badly to be attempting to play that game.
You are certainly correct that they NEED the beds, but going about releasing the beds is another matter. I was at urgent care recently. The Dr. wanted me to get a particular test that had to be done in the hospital. He told me to walk across the street to the hospital and he would send the orders over for the test. I walked over, they admitted me into a bed in the emergency room....walking past MANY sick and injured folks on gurneys in the hall way. I explained that I do NOT need a bed...only a test. they admitted me anyway. After blood work and a couple hours wait, they took me for the test....then back to the room that I didn't need. They kept me waiting in the room for another 4 hours while I waited for results, then a Dr to release me...all the while taking up a bed (really the room, I never got in the bed). On my way out I still saw many folks in the hall that needed a room. Two in particular had very bloody heads. Didnt have any idea why this incident happened this way....I was not sick, nor in an emergency situation...Is it possible that they saw that I had private insurance and not Medicare??? I hope thats not the case, but I did feel ridiculous taking the room away from those that needed it.

Last edited by gerryann; 04-13-2013 at 04:53 PM.