View Single Post

Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

I live in NYC and the defeat of this legislation makes me sad. Perhaps Bloomberg over-reached, and the legislation could have been better crafted, but his heart was in the right place! Now the beverage companies are manipulating public opinion, but they remain greedy and uncaring. What people don't realize is that you can't even get a smaller drink these days. Thirsty at the movies, I tried to get a sip of something to quench my thirst but the smallest drink available was 32 ounces (for a premium price too!) I remember when Coke used to come in 7 oz bottles and it was a special once in a while treat that you savored. Try to find a 7 ounce bottle now! It is not a coincidence that this bigger is better mentality coincides perfectly with the obesity epidemic. People wake up! Stand up for children and sensible living, not these selfish corporate interests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!