View Single Post

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I like chains. I think they have to perform to higher standards in cleanliness and in food quality to keep MOST franchise agreements than does a small restaurant who has no one checking on it and critiquing it..

Most chain restaurants can buy in quantity and keep the price lower. Most of them have a good training program for their staff. They have to follow the direction of a chain wide menu probably planned under the eye of top level cooks at corporate headquarters, even if some of the stuff is pre-prepared. I know what I am getting when I go in a chain and sometimes in a mom and pop, I am thrilled and other times I am disappointed.

I am a seasoned cook, perhaps not a good one, but I am pretty confident of cooking almost anything I want, so when I go out I want something clean, fresh, decent and no unpleasant surprises.

A very good example of a chain that always serves wonderful stuff, at least to me, is Carrabas.
I don't dislike chains..we go to a number of them. But I think that here in TV-Land there are already a huge number of them.

Never been to Carrabas..Never heard anything bad about their food..But I hear that their wine is expensive.