View Single Post

Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Sometimes you have have to stop and smell the flowers - doesn't mean you're holding up the game. It's all about the experience and some choose to enjoy it one way - others another way. Who are we to judge?
I THINK what that lady may have been saying is what I myself feel about golf.

I have played golf for forty years. In my younger days, I was a good deal more competitive and a better golfer than I am now, never excellent.

I played with my friends and neighbors in the golf communties in which we lived over time, and I was a serious golfer, mother, teacher, involved community person back then.

Now I am not so serious about anything. I rarely write down my score now with the folks I play golf with, although it is entrenched in me to watch their ball and mine and to not chat when we finish a hole but as we wait to tee off on the next one and always to try to keep the pace of play. I don't play much 18 hole golf anymore and when it is very hot or cold and damp, I will find myself thinking about lunch on the seventh hole.

I find that I don't hold anyone up, still have a lot of fun and keep getting shorter and shorter distances, yet enjoying the experience, maybe even more than when I was in my prime.