Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCruiseGenie View Post
Author's Society

for
PLAYWRIGHT WANNABEES!

We have reached our minimum for starting this new group; however we still have room for four more if you'd like to give us a try! Here is the original ad...

Looking for four to eight people that would like to try their hand collaborating on a play, bringing their ideas, input, and creative writing skills to the stage! Our goal would be to take the concept from start to finish right here in The Villages, with an exising acting group presenting our creation under the spotlight! Should we find that our members are versatile drama queens/kings, we may even decide to cast, make sets, produce &/or act in our own masterpiece!

Start by communicating... How many times a month & what days & times are you available to meet? No writing, editing, directing, producing, or theatrical experience necessary, (but we won't turn any away either!) Call Judy at 954-805-0876 with questions; or, to get on a call list for our first meeting. Meetings will consist of brainstorming, writing and reading dialogue, then constructively editing and polishing. Optional lunch. Why not give something really different a try?

Meeting dates, locations and times are being decided--give us a call to be included.
Is this listed under clubs in The Recreation news? That is always a good way to reach interested parties. Not everyone reads this forum. Where did you think you might meet? I welcome you to TOTV. Are you a civic theater person? There are a lot of theater groups here and a bunch of creative writers groups too. I don't think I have heard of a group writing plays. Good for you.