View Single Post

Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
If you live in New York City, you have a right to drink as much sugary-soft-drinks as you want, not to mention your right to consume other high calorie processed foods. And, if all of that makes you overweight or obese, you have a right to be that way. And if being that way causes you to have a stroke or heart attack, you may have a right to get a "free" bypass operation or whatever treatment you may need (compliments of New York City).

The above rights are untouchable. It may cost the average New Yorker upwards of $500,000,000 per year to supply the "free" medical services but that makes no difference. You may have to give up some of your money to pay for those services if you live there, but so what? What makes you think you have any rights?

You may have to give up some of your money but don't expect soda drinkers to give up even 4 ounces of their cherished soda. It's just too big of a sacrifice, and you have no right to expect it.

Let's talk about the rights of those who pay the bills! What rights do we have?
As I understand your posts (starting with this one, for example) your beef is that you are being forced to foot the bill for health costs for people who have medical problems related to obesity.
It would appear that you are greatly upset with these individuals because they are causing your 'rights' to be trampled upon by indulging in high calorie/non nutritional food consumption.
When Gomoho mentioned that there are many other medical expenses that we as a nation are paying for that we may not be on board with personally, you considered it a 'change of topic'. (I agreed with Gomoho, by the way)

It's NOT a change of topic, if your beef is about footing the bill when you don't want to. (your rights being trampled)

To be honest, over time in reading your posts (here and in other threads you have generated recently), the message I get is that you really have distain for people who are fat. To focus on this brings more of it to your attention and you bang your drum and push against it and get your innards in a twist.

That's not healthy.... and personally, I don't want to pay for the medical problems this negativity may cause your body down the road.... when it shouldn't be necessary, as you have a choice not to INDULGE in this behavior ......... but I probably will anyway. See?

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 03-15-2013 at 08:21 AM.