View Single Post

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
There are always those eager to take away freedoms that do not affect them. The whole concept of insurance is shared risk. How would you like to pay for health insurance based on your diet, amount of exercise and prior health problems? Be careful of what you wish for because you may get it. I can say that based on the lack of driving skills I see every day around TV, many should be paying much more for auto insurance. Why should I subsidize their accidents since I am a good driver who never had an accident? Why should young people pay into Social Security when they may not be alive to collect? Your thinking leads down a very slippery slope indeed.
Abso-F-ing-Lutely brilliant!!!! Thank-You.

As far as the driving goes a couple years ago the insurance company called Progressive came up with an option called "Snapshot" where you plug a little unit into your car's diagnotic port and it tattles on how you drive. If Progressive LIKES the way you drive then you get a discount. If it DOESN'T like the way you drive..oh..well..it works AGAINST you. According to stories that have been written by the AP, the NY Post & the Baltimore Sun the other insurance companies and the GOVERNMENT like this little item so much that there is serious consideration being given to making it MANDATORY for you to get car insurance. The system uses a lot of interesting nonsense to "grade" you like if you drive at night. Under their assumption you are out partying if you are driving at night. Thus they charge you more. Unfortunately it makes no provision for people who are WORKING at night and driving to & from their jobs.

All of this stuff is a most slippery slope indeed. Thank-you Mr. Vinnie for a most insightful post!