Thread: Roundabouts
View Single Post

Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
I don't think u will get many replays on this. It has been beaten to death in conversation. There r booklets put out by The Villages and SCSO. I think all the ideas are not going to change this problem. No money to do much else.
But why is it that it is such a problem in TV. I go to the UK and I don't see the issues at roundabouts that I see in TV. People in the UK had to go through a period of adjustment to using roundabouts since, as I recall, the mid or late 1960's, just like here and there are new drivers getting on the roads over there every day and they navigate them successfully.

The thing is, if people become educated to using them properly, most of the issues will improve, but granted there will still be some issues. Obviously the pamphlets haven't worked, that is why I believe, if people had proper in car instruction, most of the iussues with roundabouts would be mitigated. Otherwise, it is going to be status quo, accidents will continue to happen and people will continue to complain.