View Single Post

Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenefeld View Post
All this is really good info for someone who will be moving to TV in late summer or early fall. I have a question. How much time do I need to spend there when looking to buy a house? We would like to rent a house in July or Aug. but don't know if we need a whole month or just a couple of weeks. Any sugguestions?
You should be preparing now as many of us have done, by trying to familiarize your self with all of the series of homes and areas and try to zero in on two or three models you like best. Try to decide if you want a resale or new and the approximate age of the resale if you want a resale. I had a spread sheet and a book full of plans. We came down just to see what we would like when the time came to buy. We were certainly not going to buy on our life style visit. We have always been very carefully planned about any large purchase. We were ready to ignore any zealous sales people.

We didn't have any pushy sales people from The Villages.

We went home after buying a new house that was not on our list of favorite models.

We loved that house for four years and last year sold it and built another home here.

So...the answer is...who knows?

I wish you well. We have never been happier.