View Single Post

Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM

Hi Mike & Val,

A Golf Cart purchase is tough. Makes, Gas, Electric, $$, 2 or 4 Seater? We went through our trial & errors and $ to get where we are today.

I do not know the % of people that own 2 carts in The Villages? I'm guessing everyone had 2 cars previously to becoming Villagers, so it just goes to reason having 2 carts ... seeing how it's the primary means of travel. Here you only need one car and for those that enjoy many of the different activities and clubs separate from their spouses, 2 carts. We have a 15 yrs old son, so we started out with the 4 seater. We do enjoy having guest stay with us, but also the ability for me to go to the pools or SHOPPING. At the same time, son & husband go do their thing (hit golf balls or pickleball) so we purchased the 2 seater as well. We prefer to take the 2 seater when ever possible...sort of like are you going to take the big station wagon or the smaller sports car if it's just the 2 of you. Our Yamaha 4 seater has heavier suspension due to the extra weight it can carry, thus not as smooth a ride as the 2 seater. The 4 seater is a very practical cart, but the majority of your time would having a 2 seater serve your needs? Renting a cart for guest. Then down the road you can decide what next. Again, so many choices.