View Single Post

Old 03-15-2013, 05:42 PM

Once again, all good answers. Let me be clear, I am very much in favor of deed restrictions, Just so that they apply to every one the same. I'm not upset because they turned me down, I'm upset because,as has been suggested here that the same "Standards" do not apply to everyone. As I negotiate the cart paths all through the villages I see these Gazebo things in backyards all over the place some are even in birdcages clearly visable to any passer-bye. MY issue here is the folks at architechtural review. They do not seem to have any standards. What would be wrong with someone wanting something and the "Board" not liking it to have the person appear before the board to state their case? The folks at Walmart and Sam's and Bed bath and beyond tell me that they sell dozens of these units to Villagers. Maybe they take them up north, who knows? Well, today I solved my problem. I signed a contract with a reputible contractor who will be installing a birdcage in my yard. The gazebo thing? that will go inside the birdcage over our hot tub. There I will soak all my cares away. Oh by the way. I stopped at a house with the gazebo thing in his yard. He said he has had it for three years and no one has complained. AHAH!!! that's the answer, the diffrence between him and me is that I was stupid enough to ask permission. All this stuff is complaint driven, so if you have a nosey neighbor, watch out.