View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is this listed under clubs in The Recreation news? That is always a good way to reach interested parties. Not everyone reads this forum. Where did you think you might meet? I welcome you to TOTV. Are you a civic theater person? There are a lot of theater groups here and a bunch of creative writers groups too. I don't think I have heard of a group writing plays. Good for you.

Hi Gracie,

Thanks for writing
Are you interested in trying out the group? We will be collaborating in homes at least at the beginning so it will be very casual. I really wasn't
sure if one had to originate a group thru The Villages or a certain committee to list it in The Recreation News. Do you know? I orinated it on my own after being dismayed at trying to HEAR in the current writing groups I visited. When 20 or more people are gathered around a table, that's a GOOD size table! Add a choir practicing in another room and the fan/blower in the ceiling and I didn't hear at least 40-50% of the stories being read! Plus, I truly wanted it to be a playwright group. So, I just started my own where I could limit members to between 4-8 and we could all fit around a small table and be heard! Besides, the more people the more chaotic and confusing it can get if there's TOO much input. This size group should work very well--time will tell. Judy