View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Nothing comes up that we can see, but again, contributions could be made anonymously. Really, at least in my estimation, it boils down to emotions, we feel good when those with, give to those without and if those with, don't do as we feel they should, we feel badly towards them. No individual is obligated to provide their funds to others...doing so is a wonderful thing for those who benefit....but we have no idea what goes on financially with our community developer and to be perfectly frank, we don't have the right to know his financial obligations, contributions, etc. In my opinion, this situation with "them" and "us" is more emotional than anything else......people need scapegoats, makes them feel better about themselves and their situations. Mike and I worked hard for what we have....the Morses have done the same. All here have worked over the years and have decided, of their own choosing, to move to TV to enjoy what a hard working family has brought together. It isn't a country club, a resort, it's our home. Nothing is free, it wasn't where we left. Why do some expect that just because the builder has earned $$, he owes? Not picking on you, Mickey, you asked a legitimate question. It just gets tedious hearing the I'm/we're "owed" so often. Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox now....
No one said anyone "owed" anything, or implied it. But I do have so much respect people of wealth who are trying to make our world a better place by using their wealth to do wonderful things like give vaccines to children in poor countries, helping education , etc,. I look at the Gates Foundation and have to applaud their generosity. It is human nature to look favorably upon people who try to do good in the world.