View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

I really doubt that anybody buys into TV on a whim. Very few people come here for any other reason except to retire. I'm guessing that people either visit or rent first and then make their decision to buy after some careful consideration. To buy into the concept of "The Viilages" is to buy into the vision and offering of Gary Morse & his organization.

Nobody has a gun to their heads to buy into TV. So it makes me wonder if someone has a serious problem with Gary Morse, his operations, his politics, his charitable giving and whatnot, WHY in the world would somebody buy in and thus enrich Gary Morse? It makes no sense. It's hypocritical.

If somebody's got a serious problem with how Gary Morse runs HIS empire, then there are lots of choices right within this area. Stonecrest..Spruce Creek South, Spruce Creek Golf Club, Legacy of Leesburg, Top Of The World and so on. None of these other communities as far as I know are CDD communities.

Del Webb was a rich man who built lots of 55+ retirement communities. Was he a bad man because he risked HIS capital to build? If not, then why does Gary Morse garner so much static for doing not only the same thing..but doing the same thing better? He risked HIS money, HIS name and HIS reputation to build this enterprise. So apparently HE does not deserve the financial reward for the risks HE took?

Gary personally may be a creep. He might be as much fun as a barrel of monkeys. Many people who are geniuses are VERY odd people. Many of them are not fun to talk to because they are obcessed with whatever it is that they are good at and can't talk about anything else. Had McDonalds been left to the operations of the McDonald brothers, it is likely that McDonalds would have been nothing more than a regional southern California burger chain. It took the vision of Ray Kroc to make McDonalds what it became. However, Ray Kroc was a miserable human being who had a bad habit of stealing the wives of his franchise owners. Gary's father may have started The Villages Project, but it took Gary's genius & vision to take the original Villages from a collection of small trailer parks into what it is today.

HE risked the capital, HE had the vision and HE put in the work to make it come to reality. HE gets to reap the rewards. As far as I can see he doesn't owe anybody an explanation of how much he makes, what he owns, what or what he does not give to charity or whether he wears boxers, briefs or goes commando.