View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I might like to contribute to some of the charities the Morses do because... well, they might be areas I am interested in, or I might like to support charities he is interested in because I think he has done a great job and I could join him in his areas of charitable interest.

There are many reasons why someone might Google what charities a wealthy person contributes to, and I don't think it's wrong to do so. In fact, I might try to find out if he supports anything in MI, since he's from there. I might find a charity in like to, since we have lived there since 1987 but didn't hear about him till we came down here.

JMHO
This was a much smaller place in 1987 and so was the place in Michigan that Gary Morse hailed from. His dad came I think from the Chicago area and he is the one that started the original trailer park.

No one really knows much about them, but it doesn't seem like the family were builders or civic planners or decorators or architects or Disney Dreamers.

Somehow they learned to do all of those things and built a much better mouse trap than anyone else. The quintessential American Dream. What we were all raised on.

What if the Morse family was just like our own family with pride in what they accomplished and could get their feelings hurt with these kinds of criticisms? What if they were REAL people and they read this forum. I think I would if I were them. No body knows. It seems just as mean Mickey to assume that they do NOT have feelings just because they have made a lot of money.

To me that is an ugly kind of jealousy and class envy and very mean indeed.

They have become VERY wealthy in the last ten years. They didn't stop being people.