View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
As someone who was born & lived a good deal of his time in upstate NY, we are sort of born with a gene that tends to make us automatically dislike NYC for a variety of reasons.

I do occasionally like to visit large cities, but I wouldn't EVER want to live in one. My parent's house was in the country & had 10 acres. My first house was a small farm with 40 acres. I'd always prefer to live where I don't see my neighbor by looking out the kitchen window, but I know plenty of people who would HATE that lifestyle.

However..comparing NYC to The Villages doesn't work. They are 2 entirely different lifestyles. Almost nobody comes to TV for any other reason but to retire. I doubt too many people move to NYC to retire.

If you leave out the Nanny McBloomberg question, virtually ANY community has various sorts of laws & restrictions that apply to life there. Some communities have more some have less.

In many ways where you live depends on what you want in your life. Comparing NYC to TV is comparing Apples to Onions.
Of course it's apples to onions, I never said it wasn't. The point is we get to choose what matters to us most. If freedom matters most, then we can look at that and compare one to the other.