View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccrocker View Post
40 years of driving this path and being able to close my eyes for 20 minutes and still know exactly where I was and then knowing that this part of my life was over and I was starting a new life.
It finally hit me.

When did it hit you?
The morning after I retired and I had no where to go ............. I am very much a creature of habit and like to live a very ordered life knowing exactly where I should be and what I should be doing. Retirement was very difficult for me, I loved my job and had actually made my life around my job. Now, suddenly, I had to find a new way to live and it took me a long time to do that, but there is no way I would change what I have now to go back to work - actually, to be quite honest, technology has advanced to the point where I could no longer compete in the work force.

If, when you and your wife have finally settled into your new home, you find you still have the need to contribute you could be very valuable to the surrounding communities. There is, for instance, a free clinic in Wildwood where some of the local doctors donate several hours of their time each week. This might fill a void until you are ready to slip into full retirement. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find out how much your knowledge could be of use here.

You know the old saying Doc ............. take two aspirins and call me in the morning.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak