View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
simply because it would be akin to a sensible pro gun VS anti gun discussion.....there is no such thing.

I know what I like and don't like in life...they are to my choosing. And when I encounter something I do not like I avoid it. If there is a place I do not like inside or outside for what ever reason I don't go there (too many options).
I do not expect pther people to change what their likes in life are to suit me.

I respect other opinions that are different than mine. I also expect others to do likewise.

The b-eye-itchin' about what other people like or dislike is such a waste of time.

I am always interested to meet people with the bully/crabbing/disparaging temperment eye to eye to see if they are as vociferous and rude as behind the keyboard.

It is another beautiful day in TV for most of us. For some the old addage applies...there is just no pleasin' some folks!!!!

btk
Sorry, but your attempt to over-simplify this whole issue into one of mere likes vs dislikes doesn't fly. I dislike country/western music therefore I don't listen to or buy it. But I certainly wouldn't be putting my personal health at risk if I mistakenly did so, or someone else played it in my presence (unless I stuff the cotton too deep into my ears). It becomes a little more than just "b-eye-itchin" about personal preferences when your behaviour is putting other's health at risk.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL