View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM

Here's the biggest issue I see. Your dining experience does rely on your sense of smell. Anyone who has had a cold and can't breathe through their nose, will notice there's not much taste to their food. Cigar and cigarette smoking affects your dining experience. Wouldn't you agree that the main objective of a restaurant, is for people to eat food? I really don't think entrepreneurs open restaurants, in the hope of having people come in and smoke without eating. Some people who don't smoke or have stopped smoking find it offensive while eating, BECAUSE eating does rely on your sense of smell. Lets try this. There are a group of people who LOVE the smell of dog...... lets go with poop. They bring it with them wherever they go eat. They breathe it in and blow the smell to others in the restaurant while they eat. Would the same smokers be saying, well it's there right to bring poop into restaurants? I know I'm eating but hey, the love the smell of it and the smell of dog poop does not affect my dining experience, the food still tastes great and it's their right to bring dog poop into the restaurant and fill the restaurant with the odor. I know this is a extreme example, but it is not out of the realm in today's society.