View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Well, I guess where I am going with this is that I only have 1 grandchild that would be visiting, so if someone else has 5, if just doesn't seem right that I only get 30 days, but they would get 150 days.

The way I understood it is 30 days per child. We have five grandchildren ranging in age from infant to 18.

The two "babies" would come with their parents.

The three older ones would come with their parents.

Schools get one week of Christmas Vacation.
One week of winter vacation in February.
One week of spring vacation in April when Florida really is the nicest and we would bring our own to Disney World.
July and three weeks in August for summer vacation.

Obviously, the parents can't be flying the kids down for all of those school vacations........so I would think at the very most it "might" be one week or two weeks per year.......which would equal 14 days......if that.

Growing children have so many extracurricular activities these days , not to mention summer camps and other activities........

The parents live in different parts of the country and wouldn't necessarily be able to all come at once (meaning sister and brother and their spouses).

If they were able to.........then I still think it would be 30 days per child but not too many parents could afford to keep flying the kids down to do the "thirty days".

Obviously, Disney World and all the other attractions would be a big draw.........