View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg150 View Post
Actually, NYC is a great place to retire, if you have the means. I have many retired neighbors who enjoy an abundance of rich cultural experiences like art classes at the Met, an evening at the opera, the Philharmonic in the Park, lectures at the 92nd St. Y, etc. They have easy access to public transportation, fine dining and some of the best doctors in the world. The problem is that I would need to work 15 more years to retire in NYC, while retirement in TV is possible right now. It all comes down to affordability. After over 3 decades in NYC, I am choosing to gain those 15 years of freedom...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
I agree. New York City would be a great place to retire if you have the big bucks it cost to live there. I don't remember NYC having a lot of restrictions when I lived there. Of course, there's always the alternate side parking issue.

My niece and her family live in the lower east side and absolutely love it. They are busy all the time. My niece still runs the NYC marathon every year, even at age 43. She was recently honored on the PBS documentary "The Makers", along with Hilary Clinton, Gloria Steinham, Sandra Day O'Connor, Condi Rice, Billie Jean King, and many other women who have made a difference. Cheers to NYC.