View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
You struck a nerve for me too with that one Warren. I totally agree. RIPOFF!! Spectators should NOT have to pay to just ride around the course. Same thing applies for example if my wife (who doesn't play golf) just wants to take in the view and watch me golf. She wouldn't be taking up anyone's tee time, using my gas, and would get to see some of the nicest scenery in TV like the Heron course along Lake Miona, that's unavailable if you don't play golf.

What gets me is the trail fee should be for the CART, no matter if there's one or two riders. The cart is on the "trail". I play with a friend that can't walk the courses, and I like to walk. I CAN'T put my clubs on the cart and walk without paying the $4.00 Total BS. Pull carts or the new motorized remote controlled individual carts inflict more wear and tear to the grass from tee to green than a cart on concrete cart paths.

Anyone try this: Sign up as a walker (no $4.00 trail fee) and carry your clubs for the first hole and then put them on your partner's cart for the rest of the round and walk along with it?

It's a money grab. They estimate that TV books 10,000 teetimes a day. Say 6,500 of them are for the execs (only 9 vs. champ. 18 holes). Say 1,000 of those 6,500 walk. That leaves 5,500 riders. Say half of those pay the annual trail fee (probably less do) and not the daily $4.00 fee. So 2,750 X $4.00 = $11,000 a day for for TV. THAT ADDS UP TO FOUR MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. Last year it was $3.50, now $4.00 (14% increase) Bump it up to $4.50 next year (no one would probably complain much) and make 12% more. Nice little scheme.

Just my $.02.
So, you recommend cheating a system that the vast majority are in favor of. As a dedicated golfer, I do not want children nor spectators on or even near the tee boxes and greens. As an avid golfer, I view golfing as a sport and not an amusement park.