View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I just became aware of some executive golf course and recreation center rules that seem a bit over the top. I met some friends at a executive golf course, one of the couples had their 12 year old grandson along. The young man had a guest pass and planned to spend an hour or two in the recreation center while the grandparents played golf.. The rec center monitor informed them the grandson would have to be 19 to use the rec center facilities. Now the grandparents had a problem, grandson was not permitted in the rec center, and could not ride along in the grandparents golf cart as a spectatorbecause three persons to a cart isn't permitted. It gets more goofy now, If the grandparents were in separate carts, the grandson could ride along as a spectator with one of them but WOULD HAVE TO PAY A $4.00 TRAIL FEE. Why should a non playing family member have to pay a trail fee to ride along with a grandparent in the grandparent's cart?????? A trail fee for doing what ????????
Unfortunately if there weren't controls on golf course riders the same people whose grand-kids are hanging all over their carts on the streets would be doing it on the golf course.

My wife's brother was recently here and loved riding around in the golf cart on the exec courses a couple of times. I walked and pulled my cart while he rode with my wife and paid the $4 trail fee (they give you a spectator band for the golf cart) Two hours worth of entertainment for him for $4 seems pretty reasonable.

Walking means having you clubs with you which helps maintain the pace of play.

Golf course maintenance plus the administrative cost for the system is expensive. I know very few courses allow private carts without trail fees.
The cost of amenities in TV are IMO very reasonable if not a bargain, but there is no free lunch.