View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
am surprised that you would equate someone who has a pickup truck, a shovel, and then considers themselves a landscaper with what you seem to think is entrepreneurship in 2013? not exactly like selling apples during the Great Depressions!. as far as paying taxes.....really? with most purchasers using cash, I seriously doubt that the IRS or any other tax system is getting their fair share. and let's not forget insurance. am positive that they do not have that!

I do not think that I am overly harsh; just my opinion.
Hmm..I went over my post multiple times and at no time did I mention anything about landscapers, a guy with a shovel & a truck or uninsured people. You came up with all that and then tried to put words in my mouth. When I think of door knockers (as was originally mentioned) I think of the people who are working for some company who have to work door to door. ComCast employs an entire army of door knockers, as do the water treatment companies and the like. Obviously you don't want anybody at your door, that's fine, it's your home. And apparently you've got a problem with people who are so low in life that they have to dig holes to make a living. OK that's you. But please don't try to put words in my mouth and tell me what I'm thinking.