View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
God bless you and it's great that she has you in her life, for sure.

I was responding to those who seem to think that grandchildren would be a nuisance in The Villages.........while visiting their grandparents for the 30 days. I don't believe it would be thirty days straight.

How would you manage to live in The Villages with your 7 year old grandaughter? One of the family friendly villages near the charter school?

Good luck and God Bless.

p.s. Not knowing your age.......many younger grandparents are quite able to "keep up" with the grandkids. It all depends on your age of course, as far as raising them. I was referring to our particular age......pushing 70.
Thank you for your kind words. I am in my late 50's and my husband is in his early 60's. We have been raising her since she was 3, but she is near the point of being able to returned to her mother who has made great strides in the last 3 years. Our hope is that by the time that we become permanent residents when I retire in 2 years that they will be settled and we we will be able to enjoy "our time". .