View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
O.K. I made note of those towns, etc.. Thank you so much.

It will probably be in the autumn for a long weekend.......after Labor Day.
The Sheraton sounds good............

Maybe a cottage or two or three, depending on size for the next time the family gathers......rather than drive up to Maine. Are they on the beach?

Up until this coming summer, all the large family gatherings have been at our place here in Vermont.........everyone stays here and invite all their old "childhood" and "college" friends to come for a big barbecue, etc. and to meet their new babies, etc., etc.

But this year we are renting a house in Maine for two weeks...for a change. Cape Cod could be good for a future family reunion.........
They all have a lot of friends in the Boston region, Amherst, Mass, etc.

Thanks again............

If you do head to the Cape and desire some good Cape Cod seafood then I would suggest a trip to Sesuit Harbor Cafe in Dennis. They are seasonal and usually open from mid April to mid October. That has been our favorite stop on the Cape for many years. A small place where you order off the chalkboard and go sit outside on picnic tables. They will bring you your food when it is ready and the view sitting overlooking the harbor entrance and Cape Cod Bay is wonderful. All this talk of NE chowder and seafood is getting to me. So glad we will be heading up there in May.
http://www.sesuitharbor-cafe.com/