View Single Post

Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Comments On This Thread Support My Position

There is not one story told here that hasn't been told in every city around the world. It is why the word äccident"developed.

One poster made an excellent point by asking why bikes are allowed on roads and not golf carts, save street legal.

Conversely I always wondered why a golf cat eceeding 19.9mph had been given a ticket for exceeding 19.9mph with the pretense that exceeding that speed made the cart a motor vehicle and hence since not regitered an unregeistered vehicle and subject to a ticket and a fine. Yet a street legal vehicle because it was legal could exceed 19.9mph without getting a ticket

Finally, it has always been my position, and the comments on this thread support it, that The Villages was poorly designed given the creators knew this was going to be a huge golf cart community and that the people they would draw were going to be very physically active.

There should have beem pedestrian trails, bicycle trails both which could have been scenic Instead intentionally or otherwise the creators where very short sighted in their planning, that or they did not want to make the additional investment and left us with pivoting and dodging as we travel the roads and cart paths.