View Single Post

Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Been there, done that with G.B. issues. The first time, I woke in the middle of the night feeling as though I was having a heart attack. HUGE pain in the upper quadrant of my stomach area. I had 2 more b/4 I went to my doctor! Had an ultra-sound then surgery. NOW the surgery is a piece of cake compared to when I had mine...big incision and long recouperation. Today it's arthescopic and you're up and around in a day or two.

Have a relative who was told they didn't have "stones"...but when the surgery was done, there were thousands of small granules. Everyone's experience is different. I wouldn't let it go....it can be serious!!!
That's exactly how my husband felt about 20 years ago. He had returned from a long weekend up at deer hunting camp (lots of cheese, pepperoni and strange "woodchuck" meat stews that all the guys contributed; I sent up a big pot of chili..........on the Monday thereafter, he had pain up and down his arm and tingling.........plus gas, belching, pain, etc. He thought he was having a heart attack and drove himself to our hospital which is very close by...........when we all got up to the emergency room he was sitting up in bed, laughing and joking with the nurses. Didn't look like a heart attack patient to us.

They admitted him for four days of tests.......for the heart, etc.
He was in Intensive Care and couldn't even get out of bed, hooked up to all kinds of machines. Long story short, he had 3 gallstones the size of strawberries. He refused surgery.

I have no idea if they passed or what. For a short while he had gas and belching every now and then..........but finally, all the symptoms left as quickly as they came. That was twenty years ago.

He's fine now. He obviously had eaten too much junk up at deer hunting camp.