View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Gold member

It is also in our deed restrictions. Black and white. I challenge you to try and get it enforced. Maybe you will get someone else at Community Standards to listen, none of us in our villas have been successful. I personally tried as well as others. Somewhere (don't ask me where, I just rearranged my office and files) I have the name of the person who told me that they will not enforce that rule - apparently there is no county ordinance that supports such a restriction. Our "guest" parking area is full 24/7 and I seriously doubt that there is one "guest" parked there as I type this. You can tell by the dirt around the wheels of some of the vehicles that they have been there for some while.

Maybe if all villa owners unite they could get a new ordinance passed. I personally would love to see new signs installed restricting the parking in some manner. Maybe when you get a guest ID you also get a guest parking permit. (Of course that doesn't help me when I have guests over for a party from another village.)

Better yet, take out the guest parking spaces, install a practice putting green and a beer stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Please don't tell everyone this hearsay B.S. that "anyone" can park in the villas' "extra spots".

The villa guest parking spots are for guests and invitees of the residents of the villa neighborhood! If the guest parking spots get filled up with "anybody's" vehicles from "wherever" in TV, Wildwood, Leesburg or Timbuktu, residents' guests will have nowhere to park and they'll end up parking at the end of somebody's driveway like the o.p. did.

The rules exist for good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Tracey, contrary to what you heard, that's not the case - at least using Rosedale Villas deed restrictions as an example:

"Temporary parking depicted on the plat of the Subdivision is not for Owner's use but is for the use of the Owner's invitees and guests."

from Rosedale Villas deed restrictions: Article V (Use Restrictions), Section 20:

http://www.districtgov.org/images/De...20Rosedale.pdf

It's in the deed restrictions.

Can it be enforced? Yes.
Is it? ..............I don't know.

Bill