View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=KeepingItReal;646286]Great post and glad you are doing well as my niece had the same surgery and is also doing well. I totally agree that in a lot of cases it does amount to prejudice and the folks that struggle with it are suffering enough already without being the focus of the entire country and especially those so self-righteous that are condemning them. We don't blame cancer patients for getting cancer and scorn them nor those that get early onset Alzheimers in their 30-40s and we should not blame those that struggle with weight issues. We can say lifestyle is the reason for any illness or problem and scorn those that are unfortunate enought to experience a problem, but wait until they start firing people of a certain age, not that they don't now, just because they can hire younger, leaner, people to replace them that are a lot further away from being in the age bracket where health issues start happening. Unfortuntely we all age no matter how well we take care of ourselves and age will bring health issues never experienced before no matter what we do."END of QUOTE.

Your post is excellent and very compassionate and very fair and very thought provoking...

It gets my best post of the entire day award. Since Swimdawg has somehow left the building and doesn't award her awards anymore.