View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag460 View Post
I sorry I was off on the facts and please note the lost in productivity by employees. In 2011 the total economic cost of overweight and obesity in the United States is $270 billion per year while the cost in Canada is about $30 billion a year, a new study shows. The $300 billion total cost in the United States and Canada is the result of: increased need for medical care ($127 billion); loss of worker productivity due to higher rates of death ($49 billion); loss of productivity due to disability of active workers ($43 billion); and loss of productivity due to total disability ($72 billion), said the Society of Actuaries (SOA). An SOA online survey of 1,000 adults found that 83% would be willing to follow a healthy lifestyle program if they received incentives from their health insurance plan.

We have friends who live in Germany and I can vouch for the fact that what happens when a country has socialized medicine compared to what those of us who have worked and positioned ourselves and paid for good private health insurance all these years are used too, to me anyway is frightening.

I personally know a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer who lived in The Netherlands and she had to wait for treatment...for some time. I can't remember just how long. Sweetie stayed with the company he worked for for fifty years partially because one of the benefits was good insurance.

Now all things are being thrown up in the air. I know it sounds like me, me, and us, us, but we planned on being protected by this insurance that has always done so and I am confused and worried and want to point fingers at someone.

I am terribly sorry moderators, I am afraid what I just typed is political.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-22-2013 at 06:43 AM.