View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 AM
KatieDidNot
Default My 2 Cents...For What it is Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
I don't think this post is about an underage driver. Perhaps senior drivers should be required to take a drivers test again after they receive a ticket or two. I don't trust any drivers in the Villages, half of them forget they have a blinker on and the other half never look.
I think everyone, no matter the age should be required to take a drivers test again after a ticket or two. I bought my home in December. The day I came to TV to put down a deposit, I was sitting at a stoplight near Rolling Acres. A car plowed into my car going at least 55 according to the police report and shoved my car into another car about 8 feet in front of me. Brand new 2012 vehicle totaled. I was knocked out, my 81 year old Mother was knocked out and was having serious issues breathing, my 80 year old father was fine. The door of the vehicle had to be pulled off by the firemen to get my mother out. I don't remember much from that day...because I went into shock. But, my Mother was in the Villages Hospital for a week, she is still having problems and I won't go near Rolling Acres to this day. I thought I was going to lose her that day.

But what I do remember, in a foggy way, is The Villagers were kind enough to form a circle with their vehicles around us until the Fire Department arrived, they stopped traffic both ways to prevent further injury and some very kind Seniors came and sat with me on the embankment to keep me calm while they were working on my Mom. Several people hugged me and held my hand, and one kind gentleman offered me something to drink. I have no idea who those angels were, but I am eternally grateful for all of them. I am very grateful for their wisdom and assistance.

The Driver of the Vehicle that was at fault was a Nurse, 31 years old and uninsured.

Age is not the issue here. There are people of all ages that should not be driving any sort of vehicle...but I also realize that people make mistakes and stuff happens.

My condolences to the OP...anytime one gets stopped by the police can be rattling. Lesson learned and your experience is one we can all learn from, so thanks for sharing. Just take the class, pay your fine, stop at all stop signs and move on. Life is really too short...you never know when your number is going to get called.

Cheers-Katie