View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerlc View Post
I have a cardinal that has beat himself to near death by attacking the side mirror on my truck and also the house in general. This goes on the entire day. I assume he sees an intruder in his territory. This has gone on since Feb 1. I had the same thing up north with robins.
Up north I have birds that have flown into our sliding glass doors. About half the time they break their necks. I think they "see" a flyway but don't see the glass.
Yes , we had the same exact weird experience last spring with robins.

Atrium doors, front bay window, back bay window......just attacking the glass constantly...........there was nothing they wouldn't attack if it was glass.

They finally knocked themselves out...........but while it was happening, it truly was like an attack from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"..........

The same year, we had another family of birds, one of which had built a nest in the overhang above our deck.............at first we wondered where all the "straw" and junk was coming from on the open part of our deck.

This continued on for awhile. We'd blow it off , only to have the debris return.............finally, I saw the father bird bringing more straw or building materials to the nest area...........with all the trees around, they had to build it so close to the house, under the roof eaves.......eventually, they "moved".........

Didn't like their neighbors I guess (us).