View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Short of a miracle, I don't think any diet was going to reverse the heart disease such as my dad was born with.......congenital heart disease; he did live to 69 but died of an enlarged heart........heart failure.

They didn't do surgery on babies with heart defects back in 1899.
His twin brother died at birth.

Ditto for a young woman who died at age 39 from an enlarged heart caused by Systemic Lupus Erethematosis.......my best childhood friend.

Ditto for one of my best adult friends who had tachycardia and needed a heart transplant from interstittial fibrosis of the lungs.......she actually needed a heart/lung transplant but they couldn't find one........NO DIET COULD SAVE HER. She was on Digoxin and other heart drugs but her lungs hemmoraghed in the hospital; they put her into a medical coma and eventually "pulled the plug".........she was 50 years old with two kids still in high school and college. We were all there in the I.C.U......

Again, it's not so simple. I have also read all of Dean Ornish's books years ago..........his cases were not typical of my two friends above....or of my Dad's congenital heart issues from birth.
Not surprisingly, you missed the point of my post and the point of Dr. Dean Ornish's books on reversing heart disease. I specifically mentioned reversing "coronary artery disease" and that was the main point made by Dr. Dean Ornish.