Thread: cable companies
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Sanibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUgirl View Post
I just purchased a spec home in Pinellas which is south of 466A. Am trying to decide on a phone, cable, internet and home security carrier. I am confused by the postings about the different carriers. Some say Comcast is terrible, some say CenturyLink is not good. I have spoken to Brighthouse but no one else. Do you live in Gilchrist or Pinellas? Are you totally happy with CenturyLink? I did not think Brighthouse was that expensive and had no contracts. Do you have a contact at CenturyLink I should contact?
No contracts, if you go over to their store in front of Target you can see and use the remotes etc. CenturyLink Official Site is 1 (855) 617 2394 or CenturyLink | Local Provider of High Speed Internet, Phone, Mobile & TV Services but I would go to the store rather than call unless you just need information but it is not a must. I live in Sanibel which is close by and south of 466A. I have not had any problems except for once when there was some picture freezing. Problem was a central office card and was fixed within a day or so after I reported it and hopefully it also helped others having the same problem a couple months ago. Century Link is still a regulated company which I prefer but Comcast was OK at the rental we had in Golden Grove off Canal. Some like Brighthouse better so I guess it is just something that the individual has to decide for themselves. I do have phone, internet, and Prism TV.

Everyone wants to believe they made the best decision on their service which is understandable. I picked the one I did for the price of the services I needed, might be totally wrong for someone else that uses different services.