View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Wow! Am I glad my genes allow me to consume more than the average guy and yet keep my boyish figure. Did I read where the BMI is seriously flawed?

Did I read where insurers are doing the math and finding that the Affordable Act ain 't affordable and could well double premiums? Did I read that better than 50% of the 40 million people entering the health insurance programs will be getting hefty subsidies from the government. Hmmmmmm that means people like me are going to support this health care insurance system both from increased premiums and also by increased taxes

I am glad CVS and its insurer are apply punitive measures toward these obese and irresponsible people. Thank God they wouldn't resort to those incentive programs insuerers used in the past that rewarded people for good behavior such as the rewards program my wife's corporation sponsored wherein employees were paid up to $500 for agreeing to a complete physical including lab work, colonoscopy followed my recommendations for improvements. Better Big Brother take the lead the rest of us are incapable

I don't think CVS goes far enough; I believe in order to reduce insurance rates corporations and their insurer should:

Apply penalities to those people whose genetic makeup cause them to be obsese, mentally ill, having any physical disablility

Apply double penalities for those people who abuse prescriptions drugs, illegal drugs,

Apply double penalities for people who fail to practice safe sex and have more than 2.1 babies per family.

Apply double penalities for any people caught going in excess of the speed limit, flying in a plane or for that matter penalitie in porportion of the city they commute in highest in New York City. Los Angles lower in Butte MT

apply triple penalities if you live in the bad sections of chicago, New York Los angles because your chances of being shot are greater

Apply triple penalities for people who fail to pracice safe sex which leads to STD's

Apply quadruple penalities for people who fail to practice safe sex and contract HIV/AIDS

Now that is a definition of fairness an insurance actuary could love

What is wrong with us?