View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
I just got this from a friend in the UK who owns a health food store. I felt it was worth sharing for those who might be interested.

LW888

Top 11 Biggest Lies of Mainstream Nutrition
The above link contains information that's obviously biased. And I wonder who the author is and what his or her connection is to some commercial diet plan. Is it the Atkins diet? It could be Atkins because it seems to be in favor of 1) high protein 2) high fat and 3) low carb or no carb. It's primarilly a weight loss diet for people who are addicted to lots of processed carbs like pancakes 'n' syrup etc.. But does it keep the weight off over the long term? And does it prevent cancer? Notice that they only talk about heart disease and it's as if cancer doesn't exist.

Part of the problem with a high-protein high-fat diet is that it displaces fresh fruit, vegetables, legumes and other foods high in nutrition and fiber.. Once you fill up on tasty fatty meat and eggs etc.. where is your appitite for healthy vegetables? Yuck! The author of this diet doesn't care about that. Who likes vegetables anyway? Overweight people don't. And this diet is primarilly for overweight people who hate healthy vegetables.

Also, in the U.S. we have an epidemic of cancer and the author never gives it any mention. I guess he forgot.