View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

I don't play golf and know very little about the game, so if these questions seem stupid..please excuse me.

(If someone could explain to me if I'm wrong on any of this) If I understand things correctly if you live in TV & pay your monthly amenity fee you can play gold for "free" on any of the "executive" courses. However, "free" only applies IF you are walking the course. If you are driving a golf cart you are charged a $4 trail fee. Correct?

However..the cart trail fee is not for the "cart" it is charged per person. So if two people are playing golf using one cart the fee is $8 and not $4? And 3 people cannot use 1 cart even though some carts seat 4 people, correct? Now if two people are riding in the cart and only one is playing, the fee is still $8. Correct or wrong?

If the trail fee is collected to help pay for the costs of maintaining the trails and fixing up any cart damage, would it not make sense to have less carts on the trail? So if two people are riding in one cart and pay $8 for a trail fee, there is no real encouragement to ride together and thus have less carts using the trail..and I guess..less wear & tear. Correct?

As they say on talk radio..I'll hang up & wait for the answer.